Leave a Reply
Straight to your mailboxYou can get every post here delivered to you by email. It's free!
Subscribe to the newsfeed
Follow on Twitter
Most popular posts
Most shared posts
- Review: Coraline2171 0 0
- America loves “socialism”0 0 34
- Psychiatrists agree: Republicans are insane0 3 30
- A symphonic surprise0 2 23
- Little conservative about most conservatives2 4 9
- Facebook’s appallingly bad user interface0 2 12
- How healthcare.gov failed: the political aspects1 2 10
- God gets revised0 2 9
- Healthcare.gov and the problems with interactive federal websites1 9 1
- Capitalism’s minuses0 1 7
- Review: Coraline
Most Commented Posts
- Michael Jackson: Pedophile - 16 comments
- Is this the best political blog? - 13 comments
- Review: Chess at Signature Theater - 12 comments
- Facebook’s appallingly bad user interface - 12 comments
- Star Trek: It's Dead Jim. Let it Lie - 10 comments
- Psychiatrists agree: Republicans are insane - 10 comments
- Scrooge is alive: Wal-Mart is evil - 9 comments
- Eulogy for my mother - 9 comments
- If Aubrey fought Hornblower, who would win? - 9 comments
- Will my daughter be gay? And does it matter? - 8 comments
Best of Occam's Razor
- It’s better outside
- The Antichrists have arrived and they are called Christians
- Googly-eyed at the Googleplex
- God is a verb
- Never enter hell on a full bladder
- Let’s throw those bums a bone
- God as a gecko
- Real Life 101, Lesson 14: The meaning of religion
- The downside of sobriety
- Father’s Day
- I believe consciousness is eternal
- On the movable walkway called life
- America loves “socialism”
- Conservatism’s harvest
- Mother Teresa on the couch
- Sinless in Sin City
- Speaking of faith
- Real Life 101, Lesson 6: A few of life’s little lessons
- The virtues of being ordinary
- Love’s End Game
- The universe through a straw
- We are all brothers
- Idling our Male Engines
- Requiem for a Feline
- The Angst of Evolution
- Government is the price of progress
- You Shouldn’t Do Should
- More Thoughts on Love
- In the Airline Twilight Zone
- The Price of Being Male
- Twin Sons of Different Mothers
- The Game of Generations
- The Quest to Graduate to Human Being
- Religion a la carte
- It’s a Shame
- The Tree of Life
- The Root of Human Conflict: Emotion vs. Reason
- Speculations on the Soul
- From Physics to Metaphysics
- My hero
- Just Folks
- An Odd Kind of Grief
- Selling Immortality
- It’s Not the Scorecard, It’s the Mission
- Some Thoughts on Love
- My 7th Inning Stretch
- Squishy vs. Non-Squishy: Some Thoughts on the 2nd Anniversary of Sept. 11th
- Things Cost Money!
Tag CloudAdolescence Aging Barack Obama Blogging Bush Christianity Civil Service Conservatives Craigslist Death Democrats Economy Education Election 2004 Election 2008 Environment Financial Planning Global Warming Google Health Care Internet Iraq Love Marriage Mental Illness Money Movies Musicals Neoconservatism Parenting Pets Progressives Real Life 101 Relationships Religion Republicans Sexuality Taxes Television Terrorism Unitarian Universalism Virginia Weight Loss Work Young Adults
Recent Facebook Activity
- Will creationists ever evolve?
- Mankind is not going to the stars
- For women to actually get equal pay, the sun must shine in
- Gaithersburg thirty years later
- The real value of streaming music
- Review: Noah
- Craigslist casual encounter weirdness: April 2014 edition
- Review: Groundhog Day (1993)
- Sex, the aging man and the journey toward being fully human
- Running scared
6 visitors online now
Plaudits from Visitors
- › A delicacy among blogs.
- › I kept coming back for your excellent writing and clean designs.
- › Your political posts really do help me understand things better as it's hard for me to read through all the rhetoric out there and see what's what.
- › I like your style. You're not afraid to dish it out to both major political parties -- I wish everyone could be as willing to accept the faults of both.
- › You've always got something interesting to say.
- › A wonderful source of reading for me.
- › Great blog.
- › I think your blog is great, and most of your entries are engaging and well thought through.
- › Your output recently has been amazing... I particularly like to hear your thoughts on life.
- › You write well and with humour and an endearing humanity. I am envious.
- › Thanks for your great website.
- › Little insights like this entry are exactly why I read O.R., despite the obligatory self effacing humor.
- › Your site is an excellent part of our struggle against that slide into ignorance, I congratulate you for it and thank you for taking the time to provide what for some may be a helping hand from ignorance to reason.
- › I hung on your every word as if it was life.
- › On behalf of many women (and certainly myself, because I am one and coping with many men I really love and respect), I thank you profusely.
- › Keep up the great work on your blog.
- › I found Occam's Razor through Potomac Tavern. The writing in both places is both stimulating and relevant.
- › You are an excellent writer and I admire you.
- › This guy is so smart that he sometimes gives me a headache. His site is well worth reading and watching. Freaking genius.
- › Keep that poison pen working.
- › I have just found you on the web and am greatly taken by your essays.
- › I am sitting here with tears streaming down my face. That is beautiful.
- › You have some superb posts. Twitter has its place, but cannot substitute for such a decade of delicacies and deliberate commentary.
- › Wow, what can I say....! It is so well written. Thanks for sharing your intimate thoughts on this topic.
- › I think your movie reviews are great! It amazes me you can capture the tiniest details about the plots and the characters from your own point of view. Keep blogging.
Monitored by UptimeRobot
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.0 Generic License.